Another recipe…we also found this one from allrecipes, and it is the simplest muffin recipe you can find…it involves getting ingredients, mixing them all together and chucking them in the oven! They also make 12, and you can either use chocolate chips, raisins or hazelnuts in them, (we used chocolate chips). Here is the recipe:
- 300g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg
- 150g chocolate chips, milk or plain (I used an 100g bag of them, and that was still plenty, so if you don’t have 150g, 100 is fine)150ml milk
- 50g chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 60g melted butter or margarine
1.Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
2.Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases
3. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together. The mixture should be quite thick; do not over mix.
4. Fill muffin cases nearly to the top.
5. Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
6. Place on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes or more. Enjoy
I hope you get time to try them out because I can guarantee you you won’t regret it!