I had nothing to do today, and I was also looking for something crafty to post on my blog. I wanted some ideas so I looked up on the internet something like, ‘interesting crafts for teenagers’ It came up with a lot of interesting ideas, and one that caught my eye was a sort of scrapbook, with pictures, memories and clippings in, reminding me of one similar I had done when I was younger. In the end I didn’t do anything much like it, or copy this idea from anything else, but this Idea jar is based on a scrapbook, although in a completely different way.
The Idea of this, is that when I am bored, I can pick out a card form my jar and that is what I can do. I collected 55 ideas of things that I often do, or even things that I haven’t in a while and should, e.g. rollerblading, cooking, reading magazines, going a walk, etc. It was a quite easy thing to do, all you need is..:
- Patterned or coloured card
- A smallish jar
- Colourful pens or fine-liners
- First I cut up small square/rectangle shapes on the patterned card
- Beforehand I had written a long list of things to do, I would make them things that you are likely to want to do, rather than things you would just swap out for something else.
- I then used the pens to write out all of the activities on the card, and afterwards slotting them each into the jar, making sure they all fit.
Thats it! The idea is easy and quick to make, but you feel satisfied afterwards, and you can keep using this for ages, it will certainly help you figure out what to do…
I enjoyed making this and I hope you do too, I hope to post soon, and hopefully as it is the summer holidays I will have more time to do, a. more interesting things, which b. means I can blog about them! So you’ll be hearing from me soon,